Employee’s awareness of your organisation’s work life balance options is one of the key elements of a successful work life balance strategy and program. Organisations may offer leading edge initiatives that support an individual’s quest to live a balanced life, however without “bums on seats” through communication, education and promotion of such options, even the best program may not even get off the ground.
It is critical to consider the communication strategy when implementing such programs. Not only is this an important feature to attract talent in your recruitment offer, it is just as essential to ensure that the existing staff are also kept informed of your work life balance offer.
When should you involve or communicate with your staff?
- Initial consultation & buy-in of new options
- Official launch of programs/events/other offers
- Updates or changes made to options
- Regular reminders promoting what’s available
- Feedback/evaluation upon participation and periodic reviews of your organisation’s work life balance offer